|aol instant messenger|
Tasks after installing AOL instant messenger (AIM)
- remove Try AOL for Broadband from desktop
- remove Try AOL for Broadband from Internet Explorer Links bar
- remove Try AOL for Broadband from Internet Explorer Favorites
- remove Try AOL for Broadband from top of Start menu
- remove AIM yellow guy from Quick Launch menu
- uncheck "Show AIM Today window at sign on" from AIM options, also uncheck Stock Ticker and news Headlines
Better idea, try AIM Hack if you want a cleaner install of AIM, without all the extra crap. (You might want to download the version 4.x version of AIM Hack, since the newer version will install the really annoying "Triton" version of AIM.
See also an awesome article by billo about (a) why AIM namespace might be one of the most valuable assets that AOL owns, (b) what they should do about it and (c) why they don't get it.
And see developer.aim.com.