Psilocybin ("magic mushrooms") is a psychedelic drug that is now being studied as a substance that can make dramatic cures to mental health with a single dose. It is being studied at John Hopkins, Imperial College of London, NYU and other places. MGH in Boston is about to begin new trials.
I'm thinking of trying it. Here is what I've been reading:
- Michael Pollan: NY Times, book
- Imperial College: Magic mushrooms may 'reset' the brains of depressed patients
- Clinical potential of psilocybin as a treatment for mental health conditions
- 2018 study at John Hopkins
- Anxiety and depression in patients with a life-threatening cancer
- Treatment resistent depression
- Psychedelic drugs—a new era in psychiatry?