Psilocybin ("magic mushrooms") is a psychedelic drug that is now being studied as a substance that can make dramatic cures to mental health with a single dose. It is being studied at John Hopkins, Imperial College of London, NYU and other places.
I'm thinking of trying it. Here is what I've been reading:
- Have a Good Trip: Adventures in Psychedelics, Netflix
- Michael Pollan: NY Times, book
- Imperial College: Magic mushrooms may 'reset' the brains of depressed patients
- Clinical potential of psilocybin as a treatment for mental health conditions
- 2018 study at John Hopkins
- Anxiety and depression in patients with a life-threatening cancer
- Treatment resistent depression
- Psychedelic drugs—a new era in psychiatry?