Here is a list of the startups co-founded by Paul English.
- Boston Venture Studio,
a startup for creating consumer technology companies.
- Moonbeam, a podcast player
focused on podcast discovery, and interaction between hosts and
- Reki, the simplest way that friends
can share list of recommended TV shows.
- Deets, allows you to track
Who/Where/What/When and share it with your friends or trainer.
an online community of Chinese chess players from around the
world. First created in 1997, then relaunched in 2021.
- Lola.com, a spend and travel
management company focused on SMB, sold to Capital One.
- Kayak, a consumer travel company we
took public in 2012 and sold to Priceline/Booking.com in 2013.
- GetHuman effort to restore
sanity to customer service.
- Boston Light Software, a maker of
ecommerce software, sold to Intuit, where I served as VP Technology
for almost four years.
- Intermute, a security software
company I cofounded with my brother Ed English. We sold this to Trend
- Speed Games, a company I started in high
school, where my sole game was Cupid for the Commodore 64. I licensed
this to Games by Apollo, and used proceeeds to buy an Apple ][+
with 48K of memory, an eprom burner, and a dot matrix
printer. Although my licensing deal was only $25k, in many ways this
was my most meaningful startup, as it taught me that code could turn
See also my